Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring

  I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for spring to get here in full swing. I really don't know what it is about winter, but I just do NOT like it. I know there must be some people out there like my sister who love winter. So I've made lists on what I do and don't like about winter, and what I do and don't like about spring and summer.

  Things I like about winter:

  1. Christmas
  2. New Years
  3. Our New Years day barbecue
  4. Taking pictures of snow flakes
  Unfortunately, Christmas and New Years are only 1 day a year, and taking pictures of snowflakes all winter get old. 

  Things I don't like about winter:
  1. Its always cold outside
  2. Its so dry
  3. When I'm doing something outside for 5 to 10 minutes, I come inside wheezing.
  4. You have to put on bulky coats that make it difficult to maneuver around in the car.
  5. You have to wear shoes, socks, and slippers in the house.
  6. Its gray and grayish brown outside everywhere you look.
  7. The nature outside looks dead.
  8. When it snows you have to shovel the driveway with the freezing wind blowing on your face.
  9. You have to scrape the car free of snow and ice with the freezing wind blowing on your face.
  10. When you come out of the store there is freezing wind blowing on your face.
  11. You get to look at the dirty snow piled on the sides of the streets.
  Definitely looks like I need to see winter with more positivity. For someone like me, who likes to be inside and outside in my bare feet, who likes to constantly be warm, who likes to see sunshine and color. Well, winter makes me feel sad. 


  Things I like about spring and summer:
  1. Its warm
  2. The sunshine
  3. Thunderstorms
  4. Trees budding and blooming
  5. Green leaves on the trees
  6. Green grass
  7. Gardening 
  8. Swimming
  9. Warm days with cool breezes
  10. Volley ball and other sports
  11. Picnics
  12. Barbecues
  13. Hiking
  14. Canoeing
  15. Bonfires
  16. Capture the Flag in the dark
  17. Just sitting outside enjoying the weather day or night
  18. Going to garage sales
  19. Even shopping is more fun in warm weather
  20. Plants growing
  21. Still being light in the evening
  22. Beautiful colors
  23. Crickets and frogs chirping at night
  There are endless things that are great about spring and summer. Thinking about them makes me feel happy. I'm so excited for the warm weather that will hopefully be here soon. Its been warm off and on here, but it hasn't been consistent.

  Things I don't like about spring and summer:
  1. Sometimes the A/C is a little too cold for me
  2. Allergies
  3. Pulling weeds on super hot days
  4. Burning myself with the seat belt when I first get into the car.
  5. SPIDERS!
  Alrighty, those are my lists. Although I don't like winter, there are things we can take from it. When we are going through hard times, we can know that good things are coming. Winter comes and then comes spring. And when spring comes, more beauty in our lives grow and take place. A time of thankfulness that God is in control and will take care of the things that are getting us down. We all deal with stress, sadness, anxieties, and difficulties differently. He knows just how to touch and comfort each one of us. I hope that God can use me to reach out and be there for people. 
  My questions this week are: What is your favorite season? Why is it your favorite season? Let me know in the comments.
  Thank you for reading! I hope you are having a great day!

  ~Annah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free! I would love to hear your comments!