Things I like about winter:
- New Years
- Our New Years day barbecue
- Taking pictures of snow flakes
Unfortunately, Christmas and New Years are only 1 day a year, and taking pictures of snowflakes all winter get old.
Things I don't like about winter:
- Its always cold outside
- Its so dry
- When I'm doing something outside for 5 to 10 minutes, I come inside wheezing.
- You have to put on bulky coats that make it difficult to maneuver around in the car.
- You have to wear shoes, socks, and slippers in the house.
- Its gray and grayish brown outside everywhere you look.
- The nature outside looks dead.
- When it snows you have to shovel the driveway with the freezing wind blowing on your face.
- You have to scrape the car free of snow and ice with the freezing wind blowing on your face.
- When you come out of the store there is freezing wind blowing on your face.
- You get to look at the dirty snow piled on the sides of the streets.
Definitely looks like I need to see winter with more positivity. For someone like me, who likes to be inside and outside in my bare feet, who likes to constantly be warm, who likes to see sunshine and color. Well, winter makes me feel sad.
Things I like about spring and summer:
- Its warm
- The sunshine
- Trees budding and blooming
- Green leaves on the trees
- Green grass
- Warm days with cool breezes
- Volley ball and other sports
- Capture the Flag in the dark
- Just sitting outside enjoying the weather day or night
- Going to garage sales
- Even shopping is more fun in warm weather
- Plants growing
- Still being light in the evening
- Beautiful colors
- Crickets and frogs chirping at night
There are endless things that are great about spring and summer. Thinking about them makes me feel happy. I'm so excited for the warm weather that will hopefully be here soon. Its been warm off and on here, but it hasn't been consistent.
Things I don't like about spring and summer:
- Sometimes the A/C is a little too cold for me
- Pulling weeds on super hot days
- Burning myself with the seat belt when I first get into the car.
Alrighty, those are my lists. Although I don't like winter, there are things we can take from it. When we are going through hard times, we can know that good things are coming. Winter comes and then comes spring. And when spring comes, more beauty in our lives grow and take place. A time of thankfulness that God is in control and will take care of the things that are getting us down. We all deal with stress, sadness, anxieties, and difficulties differently. He knows just how to touch and comfort each one of us. I hope that God can use me to reach out and be there for people.
My questions this week are: What is your favorite season? Why is it your favorite season? Let me know in the comments.
Thank you for reading! I hope you are having a great day!