Well, its been quite a while since I posted last. Every week I was kinda just putting it off. I'm sorry. July and August were just stressful and getting things back to normal. I feel bad for not blogging, but taking a break was needed.
We've had a few couple birthdays, some transition time from something, trying to make some improvements on the house, decluttering. During the past month, I really just haven't felt like blogging about anything.
We went to camp as we usually do for Labor Day. Got to see our "camp" friends. We basically hung out with two families. But I got out of my comfort zone and did something by myself, (instead of following someone else), and even introduced myself to someone and had a nice talk with her. As much as I was really glad to go home, I look back and wish that it was a whole week instead of a weekend.
Well, with summer being over. I guess I should tell you how my list-of-things-to-do-this-summer went.
1. Get my permit and driver's license. I have not gotten either of them. I've definitely studied for my permit though. I'm hoping to get it sometime next week.
2. Complete 2 sewing projects. Well, I made a skirt for somebody, and altered two other skirts for her too.
3. Complete 2 crocheting projects. I didn't get any done. I don't have enough of the same yarn to complete a project and I don't want to spend all my money on yarn.
4. Read 2-3 books. I read 2 books. One of them being my driver's study guide. I kinda surprised myself on that one.
5. Get outside as often as possible. I feel a little disappointed about this one. There were opportunities where I could have, but didn't. On the other hand, I didn't shut myself up like a mole and got out a reasonable amount of times.
6. Try something new. Well, I didn't really try anything during the summer, but this coming Sunday, I'm going to start classes for public speaking. I'm actually really nervous about it. Public speaking and performing are one of my biggest fears. The person who invited me is pretty much the same way and she recommended it. I would not have even considered it if she was a teacher or if public speaking didn't bother her. So, yeah. That's the new thing I'm gonna be doing.
7. Learn healthier cooking recipes. I have probably gotten some new recipes, but that doesn't mean I have tried them. One thing that I really don't like about healthier recipes is, there are usually so many ingredients that you have to buy and just the prep takes longer than it needs to. Also, it would be easier if I were just cooking for myself, but I would have to make it for the whole family. I should probably just do it anyway.
8. Get white lights to decorate my room with. Just gonna tell it like it is. I didn't get any.
9. Exercise regularly. This challenge hasn't gone too bad. Exercising isn't like walking around the block or walking on the treadmill. I can do in my room, by myself, with no one watching.
10. Walk everyday. Not saying I didn't walk at all. I did! But well.. um... ya know... um... I... didn't... really... um... I could've done better...uh... please don't judge me... well... you can... I mean, its your life, you do whatever you want, but uh... yeah.
11. Make a new friend. Well, she's been an acquaintance for quite a while, but this past summer we've gotten to be pretty good friends. I am truly blessed by her. Its hard to find someone who is willing to hang out with someone like me. I mean, I'm shy. I'm sure a lot of people find it difficult to get to know me. I don't have a picture of her on my laptop yet so its gonna have to wait.
12. Find some new interest(s). There is a really big interest that I have, but don't really wanna talk about it just yet. And the other one is not really an interest, but a hobby. I really like rollerblading. I know, big deal. But I really like it!
Well, there's the list of things I actually got accomplished and the things I didn't. In the beginning, I didn't expect to get half of them done. Thank you, Kate and Ruby for supporting me with your comments. I definitely wanna get back to blogging once a week. Anyway, I will be back next week with another blog post! Have a great week!
P.S. I just realized that my first four paragraphs and my last one all begin with the letter "W". Oh well!