Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Post

  Hi Everyone!

  So, May is going to be a very busy month.
  Today, we are making a cake for someone's birthday tomorrow. Mother's day is this Sunday. My sister Rebecca's birthday is the 17th. My cousin's 3rd birthday is the day after. On Rebecca's birthday, we have to make a graduation cake. At the end of the month, we are going to visit my oldest sister and her family for a few days. After that, we will be going on a small vacation to Branson, MO. (SO EXCITED BTW)!
  I have not been on a vacation since I was 12 or 13. Even though I've lived in Missouri my whole life, I have never been to Branson.
  Since we are going to be so busy the weekend of Rebecca's birthday, we are planning to celebrate her birthday while we are in Branson. I feel so bad that we will be too busy to do very much for on her real birthday. Wanting to try some new things for her birthday instead of doing everything so traditionally. Not sure yet what we'll do, but I'll probably start planning today.
  Also, before Rebecca's birthday or at least before vacation, I want to get a haircut. I'm definitely due for one. I will get before and after pictures. I won't be getting anything dramatic done, just a haircut.
  I don't know about everyone else, but I am so excited for summer, and I'm enjoying the weather so much right now. I know that was really random, but I just wanted to share that. I feel like this year is going to be a blur for me. I hope not, but we are already five months into the year and it still feels like the year just started. I hope the rest of the year goes slower. It always seems that winter takes forever to get overwith, and spring and summer go by WAY too fast.
  Like I said last week, we celebrated a first birthday. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of the birthday girl, and I didn't get to stay long. Right after cake, I had to leave to babysit a couple kiddos. Which was fine. I LOVE babysitting so much. I did miss her opening her presents. First birthdays are so special. Of course, all birthdays are special.
  We know of a couple things we want to do while we're there, but if there are any of you out there that know of any good places to go while you're in Branson let me know.
  Thanks for reading. I hope you are having a good day and a great week.
   ~Annah


My cousin, Caroline Rose turned 1.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Annah, me again! I've never been to Branson either (I live in England and have only been to America once, to California), but I know of a couple of places there you might like to visit. Silver Dollar City sounds great, particularly all the demonstrations of old-time crafts. I'd love to visit there if I ever get to go to Missouri. Branson also has the world's largest Titanic museum, and downtown Branson is a nice historic district on the waterfront of Lake Taneycomo. According to Tripadvisor Branson even has a hidden beach near the river that's a nice free family spot, and the dam and lake are good places to visit. Enjoy your holiday - I'm sure you'll have a great time! Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We would love to go to the Titanic museum. Rebecca is especially interested in that.

      Delete

Feel free! I would love to hear your comments!